This forum is new. Don't be shy, get posting
and let's build a great community together.

• Rob
    Is what I'm seeing correct, VRay 6 is not yet supported? Just making sure I'm not having a malfunction.

• Mark Segasby
    We will have a look at this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We tend to check compatibility once the final release version of V-Ray is out the door. Otherwise we are forever testing against development builds that are changing, wasting a lot of time.
  • Rob
    After receiving the update so that HDRLS installs and opens properly (thanks for that) I'm having other issues. I'm just reporting it here in case others are having the same experience.

I was working on a file in Max 2022 that was pretty heavy, about 2M polys. HDRLS worked pretty well, a bit laggy but I was able to get my work done. I thought this would be a good opportunity to open it in Max 2023 and see if it's any faster. As we all know, Autodesk touts even faster performance with each release of Max. So, let's see.

HDRLS barely is able to perform. In fact, it mostly locks up and I have to 'End Task' it to get out. I've tried 3 or 4 times but I'm finding it unusable with a large file. It might be OK with a small file but I haven't tested that yet. Few of us have small files these days anyway unless we are doing game assets.

So I think there are still some issues with the Max 2023 Vray6 integration. Again, I can achieve my work in Max 2022 so I'm really just reporting my experience with Max 2023 to see if others are having it.

My machine specs are below:
    3ds Max 2023 (3D Studio thru Max 2023), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives NVidia RTX 2080 Ti, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 10, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

New Member Reminder
Make sure you have activated your account via the email we sent you. That grants you permission to post at the forum.

New for December 2020

Welcome to our new HDR Light Studio forum. Please create an account to start or join a discussion.