This forum is new. Don't be shy, get posting
and let's build a great community together.

• Rob
    I've been using HDRLS a number of years and have never had a text display scale problem. I upgraded to Drop 8.2 and the text on my 4K monitors is too small to read. My 4K's are set properly to use Max optimally.

I'm reading that the 'Display Scale' is set with an 'Environment Variable' and or controlled by an 'OCIO' configuration file in 'Windows - C:\Program Files\Lightmap\HDR Light Studio\OCIOConfigs\' On my machine, there is no 'OCIOConfig' in the 'HDR Light Studio' folder.

In 'Preferences' in a running session, 'Display Scale' is grayed out so I can't mofify it.

So, is there any specific documentation to use as a guide? I found a post from Mark saying it was control it with an Environment Variable (HDRLS_SCALE_GUI) but no explanation as to how to properly implement that.
    https://forum.lightmap.co.uk/discussion/85/hdrlightstudio-on-4k-screen

• Rob
    Update:
    After searching my machine I found 'config.ocio' in my custom install location for HDRLS. I assume I add the variable (HDRLS_SCALE_GUI = 2) in it. What's the proper syntax for inserting this line and where?
  • Forum Admin
    Hi Rob,

There is an environment variable you can set in the operating system to control our UI scaling.

HDRLS_SCALE_GUI
    The value represents the scale size you want. 1 = 100%, 2 = 200% etc.

For example, to double the scale of the UI, set this environment variable:
    HDRLS_SCALE_GUI = 2

There are examples of how to set this on this page, in this example its created a log file, but use the values above to change GUI scale.

https://help.lightmap.co.uk/hdrlightstudio5/generating-log-files.html

Please let us know how you get on.
    thanks
    Mark
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

New Member Reminder
Make sure you have activated your account via the email we sent you. That grants you permission to post at the forum.

New for December 2020

Welcome to our new HDR Light Studio forum. Please create an account to start or join a discussion.